Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Happy, happy New Year! It's impossible to believe we are almost a decade into the "new millennium". I know it seems cliche, but each year goes faster. We spent our New Year's Eve with Matt and Laura, two of our dearest friends here in New York. It was low key, and wonderful...slumped on the couch eating take-out and watching the ball drop from the comfort of the living room. Perfection!

It's the time for New Year's resolutions, and though I'm not sure how effective they are, it's hard not to re-evaluate your life as you face a fresh new year. So here are a few of mine...I reserve the right to amend, adjust, re-think and discard as needed:

- Read the Bible more.
- Make healthier choices (who needs the "lose weight" pressure...this sounds easier!)
- Be a better friend
- Blog more (Ha!)
- Give more than I get

How's that for a start? I know some of them sound ambiguous, but they are clear in my head.

I pray you all had a wonderful holiday season...a blessed Christmas and a fun New Year's. I pray you are looking forward to 2007 with anticipation and excitement. And I pray we all have a greater sense of God's presence this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment