Friday, July 20, 2012

Evolution

The other day I posted this picture of my art journal where I stalled out...

 

So I decided to add a few stencils, some masking tape, and a vinyl placemat on top and spray them with Glimmer Mist...

 

Well, that seemed a little busy, so I toned it down with a little more gesso.

 

Now what? I just watched this fantastic video on Donna Downey's blog recently where she had this amazing colorful background, then she painted over the entire thing with a simple leaf design. I decided to try something similar, since I had no clue where to go with this.

I like that you can still see some of the original elements through the layers of paint - I feel like it gives the simple image a little subtle energy.

 

2 comments:

  1. I love how this spread turned out. Thanks for the pages in stages view! Its really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love watching Donna Downey's videos -- they really help me get unstuck!

    ReplyDelete