Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Confession time...

So it's easy to make confessions on a blog no one reads, right?

This is my practice session...I'm practicing saying this outloud: I have gotten very involved in Mixed Media art in the past 6 months...specifically art journaling. It's hard to say that to anyone as it feels like it carries a sense of expectation. Like, "really? So what do you do? What does it look like? What do you do with it? Are you any good?" Ok, no one has actually said that - but then again I haven't really told anyone.

I'm super self-conscious.

Plus I'm still figuring it all out - what materials I like, what my style looks like, what I'm expressing.

What I know for sure is that it is ridiculously fun. I am having the best time taking humble elements - paper, paint, sometimes castoffs - and creating something that wasn't there before.

So, there you have it. That's what I'm doing with the snippets of free time I have here and there.

Whew...that wasn't too bad.


6 comments:

  1. Hey sis. I was JUST thinking about your blog and how I haven't read it in so long. And when I pulled it up to look at it, I saw your post about your art journaling. Having seen it with my very own eyes I know how awesome your creative outlet is. Proud of you, Trace! You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I've just read your post! So there ARE people out there, lol.

    Great colours, love this piece. Just persevere and all will be well in the fullness of time, etc etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really like the art page you showed here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you are good at it! This page is fabulous!! Just so you know- almost everyone else it just figuring it out too. That's the beauty of mixed media- there are no rules!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is marvelous, Tracey! It's hard to believe you are just starting out! I really like this phrase: "taking humble elements - paper, paint, sometimes castoffs - and creating something that wasn't there before." What an excellent description of the art-making process.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love those colorful circles. great page!

    ReplyDelete