Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Planning the Purge

I am desperate to clear out our house. Once the weather starts warming up I get desperate to get rid of the stuff that has been piling up in our house over the coming months. I walk into rooms and I feel my neck tense up as I see all the stuff cluttering surfaces, shelves, drawers, etc. I am ready to start boxing stuff, up and getting it out of my house.

Have you ever noticed that physical clutter gives you the feeling of emotional clutter? And by the same token, when your home feels clear and organized, your heart and internal space feel clear and free?

I am going to take it in chunks - one room, one cabinet, one shelf at a time. Kitchen crap I haven't used since we moved in. Clothes that never see the light of day. Toys that are missing pieces. Tchotchkes that just sit around collecting dust, stressing me out.

Here's to a lighter home and a lighter heart!!

No comments:

Post a Comment