Thursday, April 14, 2011

Cranky Side of the Crib

Today has been one of those days, starting the moment Cameron woke up screaming at 6:50am. You just know it's going to be tough...and it has been...and it's only nap time. He's been so not himself. He's been the opposite of himself. He's ornery, cranky, violent, moody and disobedient. He threw toys at his friends; grabbed toys from friends; beaned an 18 month old point-blank with a basketball; ran his scooter right into another friend, knocking him down. And then screams at me when I put him in time out. I feel like I've been in battle all morning - disciplining him, preventing further carnage, and apologizing to my friends who's kids are now like the walking wounded.

I need a nap. Or a drink.

I try to remind myself that he's only 3, but a big part of me expects more of him...expects him to be more generous, more considerate, more thoughtful, more teachable...less like a maniac. And it's times like these that I wonder if I'm doing this all wrong, am I screwing this whole thing up, or is it just a product of his age.

Do you ever wish you had a reboot button on your kids? Today is a reboot-button kind of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment