Tuesday, April 12, 2011

One Line a Day

Last week I stopped by Barnes & Noble to pick up a birthday present for a party over the weekend. They had a display at the front of the store for Mother's Day gift ideas - lots of fun ideas, and stuff I'd be pretty happy with. But let's be honest, if I really want any of those books, I need to just buy them myself. Kevin is amazingly thoughtful, but he's not going to be shopping for me at Barnes & Noble any time soon.

Anyway, I found this one little book on a bottom shelf called Mom's One Line a Day. It's a kind of nauseatingly pink book with a rocking horse on the front...but it's the inside that's so brilliant. Each page is dated at the top - April 9, for instance. And then there are 5 small sections on each page that start "20__". So you start the book on today's date, you fill in the year, and then you write a sentence or two about the day. Then tomorrow you do the same thing...every day, all year long. Then, on January 1 next year you move down to the second row of spaces, you enter "2012" and you write one sentence a day.

This goes on for five years. So by the time you finish the book you will know exactly what you did on April 9th for the past 5 years. Amazing, right? It only takes a minute at the end of the day, but think about how cool it will be to have that record of what you did every day for the last 5 years. When I finish this journal Cameron will be 8 going on 9, and Caleb will be 6.

For anyone who is looking for simple way to record your everyday stuff, both large and small, you might check this thing out.

1 comment:

  1. I love that...I am going to go get it!! Hope yall are doing well...any trips back this way this summer? Would love to see you...and the kids:)

    ReplyDelete