Monday, August 03, 2009

T-Minus 2 Weeks...

The countdown is on.

Two weeks from today the big, burly men with the large truck will arrive at our apartment. They will load up all of our worldly possessions and haul them to New Jersey, where they will look pitifully insignificant in our new home.

Between now and then I have to pack said possessions into boxes in some kind of organized manner so that they will arrive at our new place in a.) one piece, and b.) enough order to actually find the things that we will immediately need. This is no small feat while I am being dogged all day by "small feet". I can do some packing while Cameron is awake, but I have to be seriously vigilant - he has been known to try to "help" Mommy pack. I have had to rescue sippy cups full of water, pacifiers, bags of coffee, bibs and my keys from boxes that Cameron has tried to helpfully pack for me. Mostly he just wants to get his hands on the razor sharp packing tape gun and the industrial sized permanent marker I use for labeling. Why are the most dangerous/harmful items always the most appealing?! Ah, a spiritual question for the ages.

Anyway, just a quick update on where we are and how we're doing. Closing is a week from this coming Friday. Then Kevin and I have to buy a car that weekend, finish packing the last minute items, all in preparation for the aforementioned burly movers. Thankfully, Kevin's mom was available that weekend and offered to come up and wrangle our little troublemaker while we're taking care of the final details. So nice to have one less thing to worry about that weekend!

More details to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment