Thursday, August 13, 2009

Tomorrow's the day!

Tomorrow is closing, where we go sign a mountain of papers, hand over a check for a nauseating amount of money, and then receive the keys to our very first home. We still can't believe it's tomorrow.

I have spent every waking moment trying to pack up our apartment in preparation for the movers on Monday. We still have a ways to go, but I finally feel like the end is in sight. Though I guess the end will come whether I'm completely ready for it or not. The movers will show up on Monday morning, and whatever isn't packed to my rather annoyingly exacting, uber-organized standards, will get thrown in a box and sorted out later. I'm okay with that.

I'm so excited about the space and the yard that I haven't thought much about leaving the city. I'm sure it will make good fodder for a piece later on comparing and contrasting the city to the burbs. In the meantime, I am just trying to make it until Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness girlfriend! I fell off the map for a bit and didn't know about the house, the moving or anything! I LOVE your new house and I'm SO excited for you guys. Please email me your new address. Oh now I feel the need to visit and see the house firsthand! That will probably have to wait until Baby Girl "Yet Unnamed" Barnett is born. Love you guys and congrats - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess by now it's all said and done, the movers have come and gone, and you're in the process of making your new place your own. I hope it went as smoothly as possible. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete