Saturday, February 12, 2011

Neverending Snow

People, we have been snowed under for MONTHS. I don't think I've seen my lawn since Thanksgiving. It is still about 18 inches deep and is now a slick sheet of ice along the top. I swear this snow isn't going to melt until sometime in mid-June. We are stuck inside most days, dying for some entertainment. It's hard not to just turn on Nick Jr. and let Dora and the Bubble Guppies entertain Cameron all day.

Cabin. Fever.

But I'm trying to focus on the spring to come. I'm trying to give myself a little ray of hope by planning for those days when it isn't 17 degrees outside. I'm trying to get to the gym more often to work off winter squidginess that comes from too many comfort foods and not enough activity. I'm starting to strategize for my vegetable garden. This will be my first foray into gardening and I can't wait! I'm reading everything I can on growing vegetables, discouraging pests, creating rain barrels, making compost, etc. I'm starting to think about spring colors and clothes - good-bye sweaters and boots, hello tank tops and strappy sandles! I can almost feel the cool spring air through the window right now. Ahh...

Anyway, I hope wherever you are, you're feeling a little more hopeful about the possibility of spring. Believe it or not, it's right around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment