Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Is this wrong?

We have been running around like crazy people trying to get prepped for D-Day on Friday. Last minute home projects, baby gear to pick up, groceries to buy, meals to plan, etc., etc. Frankly, it's all rather exhausting.

Here's the screwy part. I'm actually looking forward to Friday. Sure, the having a baby part...but what I'm really looking forward to? Four days and nights with no responsibilities. No meals to plan or cook. No groceries to buy. No toddler (sweet and precious though he may be) to entertain. No dishes to do. No laundry to fold. Nothing but hanging out in bed for four days. Now, granted, I have to have abdominal surgery to get this great vacation. And then I have to go home and try to survive life with a newborn. But right now, I'm just looking forward to 4 relatively easy days in the hospital.

I know...it's kind of sick. But there you go.

2 comments:

  1. Not weird at all! I looked forward to that with all three!! Enjoy every second and don't leave a minute before you must :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was exactly the same way!!! With Shelby, Justin and I rushed out of the hospital because we just wanted to get her home. With Megan, I soaked in every last second at the hospital! There's something about laying in bed, holding a newborn, watching some tv, ordering your meals, and having everyone take care of you. It's a semi-spa experience...in a weird, warped way! I took at least two showers a day, because I knew there wouldn't be much showering when I got home! :)

    I can't wait to hear the news! I'll be praying for you guys! Love you!

    ReplyDelete