Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Hmmm...

Here I am again...sitting in front of my computer, staring at my blog, wondering what in the world to write. This is why my blog is so pathetically empty, so rarely updated, so - dare I say - lame. I can think of nothing worth writing. I have a friend who has asked me to help contribute to her webizine...I can think of nothing to write. I am hardly an "expert" at anything and feel I have nothing new, novel or innovative to bring to the party. My life is seriously un-blog-worthy.

I have a 16 month old who whirls around like the Tasmanian Devil, leaving destruction in his path, yet doesn't speak a word. Oh wait, he does say "uh oh". Take one look at my living room, and you'll see he says that a lot. He has also said "Da Da" on occasion, though not regularly...and not actually to Kevin. But if he sees a picture of Kevin he will point to Kev and say "DaDa...DaDa...DaDa...". Mama? Nope. Ah well.

We spend hours each day at the playground. They have now turned on the summer sprinklers in the playgrounds, which Cameron LOVES. We both came home from the playground yesterday soaking wet and covered in sand. The Mini was in heaven, and Mommy spent naptime sweeping all the sand up off the floor, though totally worth it. Do you guys know about the baby powder trick? It is the best way to get sand off of tiny hands and feet. Just sprinkle baby powder all over their sandy hands or feet, and then dust it off...all that stubborn sticky sand sweeps right off with it. Plus you have a sweet powdery smelling Mini.

We've done a bit a traveling...trips to Chicago, Dallas and Maine in the last 2 months. But mostly we're here. Like I said...not blog worthy. Frankly just writing about this makes me want to go take a nap out of sheer boredem. But there you have it...a little something to dust the cobwebs off. Hardly worth writing, certainly not worth reading. We are alive and well, and keeping our heads above water. And that's about as exciting as it gets...

2 comments:

  1. I actually enjoyed reading that! The baby powder thing is a miracle - truly amazing except the kid can begin to look like a ghost :)

    My life is boring too but our lives are worthy! We are moms! I know that very soon Cam will be saying "Mama" all day long.

    The most exciting things in my day are tantrums which happen quite a bit lately - ick. Sometimes Colton has one too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you are alive:). I have a friend at work...with a child Cameron's age...I was just telling her that yall really are at a hard stage! Mundane..exhausting...no feedback verbally. It will all get better...and then you will never have silence again. Because with the second one...the first one will NOT BE QUIET!!!

    ReplyDelete