Monday, March 23, 2009

If you don't have something nice to say...

And apparently I don't. I haven't so much as looked at this blog since the last post in November. It has fallen way down the list of things I find time to do...somewhere well behind re-roll the toilet paper roll that the Mini has unrolled...again, and empty the towering pile of recycling. I have an epic list of things to accomplish every day (I know...don't we all?), and putting "Update Blog" on the list merely sets me up for failure.

But here I am, with something like an update. And why do I find time now? Kevin is still at work, the Mini is fussing in his bed 30 minutes after bedtime, and I really don't want to do any work. Makes for an inspired writing session.

Cameron turned ONE in January. Though he has only aged one year, is it possible I have aged 3? I think it's gotta be something like dog years. But I will say, 14 months olds are WAY funner than 2 month olds. Yeah...funner. He is a sponge, picking things up at a terrifying rate. He is taking steps all over the place. I'm sure he will be climbing up the walls by next week. Currently, he is trying really hard to grow some more teeth, and teeth have been his nemesis since the first one started bothering him around 6 months (though didn't make an appearance until 8 months).

Please tell me someone else out there has a kid who had teeth struggles. All my mom friends around here say, "really? My kid never seemed to notice he was growing teeth." Is this one of those things moms conveniently forget about 3 weeks after it happens? The sweet Mini has cried, drooled, and painstakingly chewed his way to 5 teeth, with a 6th apparently on the way. They have been battles hard fought. And he has 15 more to go. We are living on Infant Motrin and Orajel (don't judge).

Kevin is still consulting. I am still full-time Momming, part-time assisting, though my boss says she may have to be my assistant before too long. As I'm sure you all know, the to-do list gets longer and longer, and the snippets of available time in which to do it get shorter and shorter. The Mini only slept for 30 minutes this afternoon. This is not enough time to do, well, anything. By the end of the day I am exhausted from entertaining a cranky tooth-growing Mini all day, and still have a dozen things that need to get done, yet inevitably don't.

So do I do them? Do I pour myself a fortifying glass of wine and tackle the pile on my dining room table? Nope...I blog.

On a fun note, we are also house hunting. We have been renters for 9 straight years. We have never owned a single piece of real estate. We are the only people for whom this current housing crisis is an absolute blessing! We will be buying our first home (God willing) without having to sell a home. For those of you who thought that someday we would be leaving this heathen land and returning to God's Country, all I can tell you is, we thought so too. But God, in all his infinite wisdom, gets a good chuckle at all our so-called plans. We are glad we're here to entertain Him.

Anyway, that's all the comings and goings in our lives. All of my nearest and dearest out there in blogland are so faithful to update me, I thought it was time I returned the favor. I make no promises about consistency...all I can say is, I'll do my best.

3 comments:

  1. Yehhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad you graced us with your presence. And just so you know, I'm still reading and watching your blog! That oughta make you feel good. :) I wish I could be there to tackle these tough/slower times of motherhood with you! It would be so much fun. I want to see Mini SOOOOOOO bad!! I feel like I don't even know the kid cuz I hardly ever got to hold him. Sniff sniff. Well, good for you for posting---even when your to do list was beckoning. And yes, we all have one and we all ignore it multiple times a day. Today I didn't brush my teeth till 3pm which is HIGHLY unusual but the day asked for the 3 of us to just be lazy all day. So there you have it. There is an ebb and flow for all of us. Loveyou and mis syou bunches!! Oh, and I must know more details on this house business!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more thing just for your peace of mind........Noah had no issues with teeth but DEAR Wesley was much like you describe Mini. Dreadful. I think the kid even spikes 104 temps when he gets a tooth---fun for us all. So hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo glad to hear from you!! HOuse hunting how fun!! We are also in that process...be thankful you aren't selling one as well! We are having lots of lookers...but keeping it spotless at all times is absurd!!! So I am ready for it to be over.
    We had NO teething issues...didn't even know when any of them appeared...but my dear we had all kinds of other issues:)!! Constipation would have to be number 1!
    Anyway...it all gets easier...and as soon as you have a yard for the Mini...your life will be much better! Sit down outside with a good book...and let him roam!
    love you

    ReplyDelete