Monday, October 13, 2008

MIA

Clearly life as I know it does not include blogging. Disgraceful, I know. And even more pathetic when I realize that all of my friends with multiple children blog regularly...and here I am with one little Mini, and I haven't posted anything since July. And even that was mostly a cop out. You'd think with 2-3 naps a day and a 6:30pm bedtime I could sit down and write something.

So here's something.

Life is rolling right along at a pretty regular pace. Cameron will be 9 months old this week. Really?? He's army crawling his way around the house. I've threatened to strap a Swiffer cloth to his chest so he can clean my floors. Yeah, start earning your keep, kid. The bad part is when he finds dust bunnies, and tries to eat them. Yech... Speaking of eating, he now simply tolerates his baby food. What he really wants is Cheerios, cheese toast, bananas, Gerber Puffs...basically anything he can eat on his own. It's amazing how many Cheerios this little man can pack in his mouth.

Kevin is all done with his MBA...hallelujah!! He finished in August, and is now home every single night. No more class until 9pm. It's wonderful. And, since Cameron goes to sleep every night by 6:30pm, we have our nights to ourselves.

Me, I'm picking up more hours as a personal assistant, and generally figuring out how to juggle the 7 million things I want/need to accomplish each day. I find it rather astounding that I can run around like a crazy person all day, then collapse on the couch at 6:31pm and feel like I have completed nothing. And again, with only one child. How do you people do it? There are definitely moments when I think, yeah, one kiddo is plenty. We're at this great stage where he sleeps 12-13 hours a night, can often entertain himself for short stretches, takes great naps, is happy and fun and pretty hilarious...why do I want to go screw all that up by having another baby?? Plus, since there's simply no way I could even consider loving another kid as much as I love Cameron, wouldn't that just be cruel?

Ok, ok...I know...all you veteren moms out there will assure me that you do love your subsequent children (almost) as much as you love your first. And I believe you...really. Sometimes it's just hard to imagine.

Anyway, that's us in a nutshell...a quick little catch up. We a currently enjoying a lazy Sunday, and are looking forward to dressing Cameron up in his Halloween costume for the Fall Festival at church this afternoon. Oh yeah, pictures will be forthcoming.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful autumn weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment