Monday, October 08, 2007

I'm losing my mind

Ok, I had heard about "pregnancy insanity", but never really thought much about it until recently...when I clearly began losing my mind. How is it possible to completely forget so many things. I mean, write something down for work, and then totally 100% delete it from my brain. I'll run across a note a week later and think, "Wait a minute. When did I write that down? Have I done that?" It is seriously the most disconcerting feeling. Like I have left part of my brain in a different purse. This is so totally unlike me...I tend to be a rather compulsive list-maker, scheduler, organizer -- and not just for me, it's what I get paid to do as well. So, you can see how this would be a problem at work.

Any day now I'm going to have to start leaving myself to-do lists on the bathroom mirror that say:

Brush teeth
Take shower
Get dressed

Or I'll walk right out the front door barefoot, in my pajamas, and not even realize anything is wrong. This better go away when the Littlest gets here, or I'll leave it somewhere -- at the park, at the grocery store, in a cab -- and won't even realize it until Kevin gets home and says, "Where's the baby?"

"Baby? We have a baby?"

No comments:

Post a Comment