Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Happy Birthday to Us!

About a week and a half ago Kevin and I celebrated our birthdays. I turned 31 on the 3rd, and he hit the big 3-0 on the 4th. So this year's celebration was all about him. While I couldn't quite pull off stretch limousines and surprise hotel suites, I did have a trick or two up my sleeve. I had our friends Hicks & Dana fly in to surprise Kevin for the weekend. He knew about a big dinner I had planned on the 4th for 10 people, but didn't know of smaller dinner on Friday night with Hicks & Dana, his cousin Carrie (Tom graciously stayed home with the 3 kiddos when they couldn't get a babysitter) and our friends Matt & Laura who couldn't make it Saturday night. We had a fantastic dinner at a place called Fig & Olive down in the Meatpacking District. I don't get to pull it off very often, but Kevin was truly surprised!

The girls at dinner -- me, Dana, Carrie & Laura

Here's the crew after dinner -- Hicks & Matt on the right, and Kevin acting as photographer.

Dana, Carrie, Hicks and the Birthday Boy!

The next night we met friends at this great BBQ place called Hill Country down in Chelsea. We stuffed ourselves with Texas-style BBQ and just hung out for a couple of hours. It was a great night and a full, fun birthday weekend!

The Birthday Boy blowing out his candle...


One final shot of the b'day pair after a long celebration weekend!

1 comment:

  1. SOOOOOOO SWEEEEET!!!!! Look at the GORGEOUS "thirty-something" couple!!! Tee-hee...I only have 4 more months to tease you guys about the thirties--and I'm gonna milk it for all it's worth!! :)

    Love you BUNCHES!

    ReplyDelete